When you hear the words “transform your kitchen”, does it make you panic? Does it make you think that you’ll be without your appliances for some time? Don’t panic – there’s no need to. Trying to transform your kitchen may feel like a big job but it really doesn’t have to be. Yes, if you want to go for the bigger changes, you can expect to be without your kitchen during the changes, but what if you don’t want to go down the route of ripping out the kitchen?
This is the room in the house you use the most, which means that you will be able to see when there are changes made. You don’t have to replace appliances that aren’t broken. You don’t have to repaint walls you’re happy with. Sure, you might improve your kitchen with new kitchen door replacements instead of sticking with the door you’ve had for years, but that’s a lot less work than you think! There are other very simple ways that you can transform your kitchen, too, and we’ve got five of them for you below.
- Give it a theme! Have you ever felt bored by the kitchen? There are so many options out there even if you don’t want to paint the space. You can retheme it with different light shade colours and upholstery and even with artwork. Changing the theme of the kitchen doesn’t have to cost much and you reflect it down to the plates you buy for the cupboards you’ve newly painted!
- Rip off the backsplash – and add a new one! The back panel that protects the wall behind the stove doesn’t have to be that current boring colour that you have! You can take it off and replace it with a brighter colour that makes sense for the space you’re trying to create. The backsplash panel is one of the easiest ways to refresh the ambiance of the space.
- Paint the doors. You don’t have to paint the entire room to make a real difference! You can paint the cupboard doors and change the look of the whole room. You can change the hinges and add a slow-close hinge, too, and this will really upgrade the kitchen on its own.
- Let go of the clutter. Transformation of your kitchen can start with the mess – or lack of it! Reducing counter clutter will make your whole kitchen look different to what you’re used to seeing. Give the mess a home and start tidying as you go. You’ll be happy with the way that things change!
- Replace the hardware. The taps, the cupboard handles and even the oven knobs – they can all be changed out and replaced to have an instant change of the space
Your kitchen deserves a little makeover, and the best way for this to happen is to choose a design and stick with it. Make all of the little changes over time and you’ll have a much better chance of enjoying your new kitchen space!