Life Lessons I Want My Son to Learn Before he Becomes a Man
Lessons of Life
Life is full of lessons. Some of them we have no choice but to learn the hard way. Some just seem pointless and cruel. It’s lessons and life experiences that shape us into who we are and who we will become. When I look at the world it’s hard, harsh even. I see my son my little boy and he’s innocent, not yet tainted by life. I want him to grow up into a worthy man. Hardworking, kind-hearted and not afraid to be himself. I realised that some of these lessons are ones I need to teach him.
- Be Kind Always – If you see someone upset, comfort them. If someone is left out, include them. Even if someone is rude to you hold your head up and be the kind person you are.
- Be Especially Kind to Yourself – Laugh at your mistakes, rest when you need to and don’t beat yourself up too much.
- Don’t be Afraid to Dream – Dream big, dream often but don’t just be a dreamer. Take those dreams and make them a reality.
- Sometimes a Lie Feels Kinder in the short-term but it hurts far more in the long run.
- Forgive– You don’t have to forget. Forgiveness doesn’t make you weaker, it makes you stronger.
- Live Everyday – You only get one chance at this!!
- Heartbreak Happens– It gets easier but remember the pain and be gentle with the hearts of others.
- Judge People Only by Their Character – Race, religion, gender, sexuality etc don’t define a person, their character does.
- Love from Your Heart Always – It can be the admiration of flowers in bloom, the closeness to a good friend or the moment you look into your own child’s eyes but mean it and make sure it’s from the heart.
- Be You – Don’t let society, bullies, ignorance or events change that. Always be authentic and real to who you are.
More From Me
*Don’t Forget you can sign up to my newsletter quick and easily by entering your details in the sidebar.*
If you want to know more about me head over to this page. For more posts like this you can stay up to date by following me on Bloglovin and don’t forget to check out my YouTube channel where I post beauty, life, shopping and make-up related videos. You can find all of my social media links in the side bar! Thanks so much for reading!