Halloween Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
I know that It’s still only September but I’ve already been shouting about my love of all things Halloween over the past few weeks! One thing I do really love to do over Halloween is have people over. You can’t have friends round without sharing some fun and indulgent treats like this Halloween Cake that looks spectacular but is actually pretty easy to make!!!
Halloween Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
You will need 3 bowls and 6 cake tins.
- 350g of Unsalted Butter
- 350g of Caster Sugar
- 6 Large Eggs
- 350g of Sieved Self Raising Flour
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- Orange Gel Food Colouring
- Black Gel Food Colouring
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 600g of Sieved Icing Sugar
- 250g of Cream Cheese
- 100g of Unsalted Butter
- Jam of your choice.
- Preheat your over to 170 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl cream, together the butter and the sugar.
- Beat the eggs together and slowly add to the mixture. Make sure you don’t add the eggs too fast!!
- Once combined add the flour and fold in gently with a metal spoon.
- Divide equally into two separate bowls.
- Add the orange food colouring to one bowl and the black to the other.
- Grease or line cake tins and divide mixture into each equally.
- Bake for 20 mins but keep checking after 15 to prevent over cooking.
- In a large bowl combine the icing sugar, unsalted butter and cream cheese and chill in the fridge.
- Once the cakes are cooled layer alternate colours onto a cake board or suitable base with jam.
- Cover in frosting and decorate.
Why not add some pumpkin spice to make your cake really HALLOWEEN inspired? You can also layer your cakes using some of the cream cheese frosting if you prefer that to jam!
TOP TIP: Make sure your cakes are fully cooled before attempting to assemble or ice! If you can see the colours of the cake through the frosting don’t panic just chill in the fridge for 30 mins and apply a second layer. The frosting is much easier to work with if it is chilled so I like to make mine the day before and chill overnight.
Hope you enjoy this Halloween cake let me know if you make it!
Thank you so much for stopping by have a great day!!
Love as always!
*Don’t Forget you can sign up to my newsletter quick and easily by entering your details in the sidebar.*
If you want to know more about me head over to this page. Don’t forget to check out my YouTube channel where I post beauty, life, shopping and make-up related videos. You can find all of my social media links in the side bar! Thanks so much for reading!